Intumescent Paints for Walls and Ceilings
IWC intumescent paint
IWC intumescent paint is an intumescent coating for walls and ceilings. Inherently non-combustible surfaces such as plasterboard and brick can become a potential fire hazard due to repeated redecoration with conventional paints.
Different paint types from a variety of manufacturers have generally been used over many years with less than thorough preparation. In a fire thick layers of old paint tend to de-laminate rapidly catching and spreading fire around a building. In extreme cases a lethal “flash- over” fireball effect is created.
The resultant risk to life and property can be greatly reduced at minimum cost using a combination of IWC intumescent paint, an insulating “intumescent” barrier coating and SFR wallcoat.
The IWC intumescent paint system can help landlords comply the the Fire Safety Order 2005. Ask us for details.
- 1 coat Intumescent basecoat for walls and ceilings.
- Use with SFR wallcoat.
- For wallpaper & multi-layer painted surfaces.
- Matt and eggshell.
- Class 0 + Bs1 d0 with 1 coat of SFR wallcoat (smoke & flame retardant).
- White + BS & RAL colours.
- Intumescent basecoat for 30/60/90/120 minutes protection on plasterboard, cementitious board and concrete.
- Undercoat shades.
- Use with 1 coat of SFR wallcoat to seal.
The Fire Safety Order 2005 requires property managers to comply with current fire standards for corridors, stairways, entrance lobbies etc.Multiple layers of incompatible paints “Multi-Layer” can create dangerous Class 4 or EN Class D + E Surface Spread of Flame risk.
*British Standard Class O is superseded by the safer standard BS EN Class B s1 dO.Wallcoat SFR
- SFR wallcoat is a 1 coat smoke and flame retardant paint.
- Durable wash-resistant water based paint.
- Use Wallcoat SFR over Wallcoat for high-risk surfaces.
- Matt or Eggshell.
- High opacity 1 coat cover over Wallcoat.
- Class 0 + Class B s1 d0.
- White + BS & RAL colours.
- 2 coats direct to bare or medium risk walls and ceilings.
25 and 100 square metre packs and 5 kg Packs.
How to order
Please fill in the Walls and Ceilings Enquiry Form and your order will be processed within 48hrs along with your preferred delivery requirement.
More information / Data sheet
For more information please click the button below to download a printable PDF file for IWC intumescent paint and SFR wallcoat products.
The above information to the best of our knowledge is true and accurate and based upon current test data and is supplied for your guidance only. Customers should satisfy themselves to the suitability of the product in its intended use and no guarantee is given or implied since the conditions of actual use are beyond our control. We disclaim any liability for loss, damage or other expense arising from the use of information, data or products mentioned or referred to and reserve the right to change any details or specifications without notice.